Friday 4 August 2017

Alcohol inks on Yupo

Now I see this on the computer I wish I'd used a less textured card stock.  I used a linen card as the background for the flowers. The texture caused some striations in my solid fairy stamp.  Oh well something to remember next time 😏
My flowers are a Dee's Distinctley die with the heads being cut out of Yupo with alcohol inks, I first cut the whole flowers in watercolour card and watercoloured the stems.  I then cut the flower heads again in the Yupo and attached them to the watercolour paper.  The background, sentiment  and Fairy is stamped in Delicata Gold ink.  The background is from Technique Junkies, the Fairy is from Ali Express, and the sentiment is from Tim Holtz.

I'm entering this for the following challenges
CAS Mix up AI's and Southern Girls flower power.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Fairy from Ali express, background Technique Junkies, sentiment Tim Holtz
Paper: Linen white
Ink: Delicata gold
Accessories: Die (Dee's Distinctively), Yupo, Alcohol Inks
Techniques: Alcohol Inks on Yupo

14 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Alcohol Ink flower heads die cut from your pretty AI background. Such a beautiful card my friend. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs.

Loll said...

What a cool design, Christine. I LOVE the textured background and your beautiful layered flowers. I have this die and don't think I've used it yet. :) Love the colours of the AI flower heads. The fairy is a pretty finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Susan said...

Love the flowers in those rich autumnal colours! Gorgeous against the gold background.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is fabulous Christine, I love the colours on those gorgeous flowers and the beautiful fairy.

Sue xx

Sue said...

Christine, your flowers are beautiful and I like your textured background!

Bonnie said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Christine! I'm going to have to go look at that die! I love the combination of watercolor and AI for the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Nstiz said...

I just love the die cuts from the alcohol ink! How vibrant they are! I love the textured cardstock in spite of the fact that it's difficult to stamp. It looks so elegant on a card!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the color combination and the design, Christine! The linen texture is beautiful (I wouldn't have noticed the striations if you hadn't mentioned it.) AI colored flowers are so pretty! Hideko

Mac Mable said...

Great mix of the elements and loving the techniques too x Unique and gorgeous card x

BożenA said...

Beautiful card background and amazing drawing ink alcohol on the flowers. The card looks stunning.
Christine very much thanks for the welcome comment on my new blog opening. :-) I also recognize Loll's hand in your beautiful blog. Am I right :-))
Hugs,
BozenA

Trina P. said...

Cool card. The AI yupo flower heads look awesome. I actually like the textured cardstock.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful...love your results!
xx Karen

Chris said...

Wow! I love this card! Gorgeous flowers and a fabulous design. Thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls.
Chris
x

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful design on this Christine! The partial background stamping is so pretty behind your die cut stems! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx