Sunday 23 April 2017

Watercolour flowers

I wanted to work on my watercolouring so pulled out an Altnew stamp I've had for ages but haven't gotten around to using.  I used Distress Oxide spritzed on my craft sheet for my background  and then stamped the flower images over the splattered background.  I then stamped the flowers on some hot press watercolour paper coloured them with my zigs and fussy cut them out.  I used my embossing tool to go around the edges to give them a little bit of curved edge and making them a little more 3D.
I haven't decided on a sentiment yet, I'll add that later when I know what I want to use it for.


  

I'm entering this for the CAS Watercolour challenge April Green and Pink and The heart Desires April challenge "Spring"



Card Recipe
Stamps:Altnew
Paper:Watercolour
Ink: Distress oxide ink
Accessories: Zig watercolours pens
Techniques: Watercolouring, fussy cutting, splattered background

10 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your splashy background Christine. Just perfect to go with your beautiful pink blooms. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card. Great job watercolouring. Love the background.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous background for the gorgeous flowers Christine.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

Very pretty flowers and background, Christine!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous DOX Smooshed background for your beautifully colored and fussy cut flowers. TFS Christine and so pleased you were able to join us at CAS Watercolour...again! Hugs...

Brenda in IN said...

Great background with Distress Oxide and I love your watercolor.

Nstiz said...

Your artwork on this is incredible and love the dimension you added to it by fussy cutting (I bow to you for that alone)! The painting is exquisite, Christine! I had to stare at this for quite a while. I particularly love how the edges are just a bit darker. Your shading is impeccable!

Susan said...

Beautifully watercoloured and fussy cut flowers, and lovely oxide ink background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

~amy~ said...

How pretty!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge #11!

jen said...

This is beautifully colored! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge!