Monday 23 January 2017

Gelli plate and Mixed Media

A few weeks back I made some gelli plate backgrounds with my friend Susan.  Some times the backgrounds don't look that great and need a little extra work.  That's what happened with this one.  I didn't particularly like the gelli plate background and thought it was a little blah.  Time to pull out some mixed media products, I grabbed the Viva decor 3D paint and a stencil.  That gave me a wonderful sparkle and shimmer over the paper.  The stencil is one from Carabelle Studios in a leaf shape, I then took some black embossing paste and used the TCW cubist stencil to add some dimension to the card.

Finally I used a memory box die for the branch
I am entering this for the following challenges



     


Card Recipe
Stamps: Katzelkraft
Paper: 110lb white, Mixed Media
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Acrylic Paints, Stencils, Viva Decor 3D paint, Embossing paste
Techniques: Gelli print, mixed media

15 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the sheen from what ever it is you've used on here.

Sue xx

Bevie Pooh said...

Yum, yum, great media mix. I love the Geli plates, but am a I slow poke & then the paint is too dry. I gave the paint away, (cheap) & looking for better paint to use & also something to slow the drying process. What are you suggestions? Thanks, Bev

Christine Alexander said...

there are paint extenders/retarders. They extend the drying time when working with acrylics, I use one by Golden

Bonnie said...

That sentiment is so perfect for this card, Christine. If you hadn't tried you would still have a "blah" background instead of this work of art!

Loll said...

You are so inspiring Christine. I love your mixed media creations. This is gorgeous. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful colour tones. Love the bit of black for contrast. Great sentiment too.

Trina P. said...

Great save. Looks so cool.

Rosmarie said...

Wow, I love the graphic of this card! The sentiment fits perfect with this piece of artwork!
Rosi x

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your entry for the challenge of the TIMI challenge! Thank you for playing along!!
XXX Ellie Knol xxx

Linda said...

This looks amazing .... love the background. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Julie B said...

Love the shimmer on your panel and such a pretty colour combination.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Unknown said...

Amazing! Love this - love the shimmer and the texture! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Pink Unicorn said...

Oh Wow this is stunning and a piece of art rather than a card! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Suchi said...

Gelli plate is something I haven't tried but seeing this card, it looks interesting! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx

Nstiz said...

I had to revisit this Christine because I just love it! I can appreciate now working with a less than desirable gelli too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What you did here- is outstanding!