Thursday 19 January 2017

Christmas is now over and time to ink up some of those new stamps

This week's Split coast Stampers way to use it challenge is "Let's warm Up", seeing that title I really wanted to ink up my new Unity stamp Harmony.  I have admired her for so long so when they announced their mega sale I couldn't resit.  There's one more day left for their 54% off all stamps sale so you still have time.



I used liquid friskit to protect her face, hands, legs and handbag from the bister.  Once it was dry I sprinkled blue bister over the outside and spritzed with water.  I tried to control the flow of water so not too much flowed toward the image and mopped up any dark areas with kitchen roll if it did.  Once it was dry I peeled off the liquid friskit and used my zigs to add a little colour.  I think the bister gives a really bluster cold day.
I also made a second card this time with watercolour.  I used Inktense pencils and a watercolour brush to move the colour around and some clear dew drops as waterdroplets.  As you cans see I love red handbags and boots 😀




Card Recipe
Stamps: Unity
Paper:110 lb white, black, coated and cold press watercolour paper
Ink: Ranger archival
Accessories:Dew drops
Techniques: Bister, watercolouring

9 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I love the neutral tones of your Bister for your 1st card. You really captured the look of a blustery rainy day, Susan. Your red handbag and boots are a fun bit of color for both your cards.

Your 2nd card is just as beautiful as your 1st, but with using a.watercoloring technique. TFS my friend. Hugs,

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love these cards you made one stamp look so different with the techniques that you've used.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

The movement on the first card is amazing, Christine! Awesome job! The second card looks like it does outside here this morning. You've captured the rain coming down perfectly!

Susan said...

I love how one has a very blustery windy look and the other has the look of a total downpour. Great job using the same stamp and creating two totally different feelings!

Trina P. said...

Awesome cards. You are so good with powder inks. Love the sophisticated image. Perfect for Mix Media.

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards and so atmospheric Christine. The bister has work well to give that rainy day feeling and the colouring with the Inktense pencils is just great. x

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Christine. Love the way the bister flows to create a very stormy day. It's a great image too. Love the red handbag and boots! The second card is so creative with the rain running over her umbrella. So creative!! xx

nwilliams6 said...

Great cards, Christine. Fun techniques and great purses!!! Hugz

Daria said...

I love these cards! Wonderful image, beautifully colored, and fabulous backgrounds. TFS.