Saturday 7 January 2017

Butterfly, flowers and stencils

I was looking through my stash of backgrounds and found some pretty ink sprayed sheets, both had been sprayed with some Dick Blick liquid water colours.
The sprays are a very concentrated liquid water colour which can be watered down and mixed to increase your colour selection so a are a very economical way to create coloured sprays.  I have 2 cards I want to show you, the first is using the a Glossy card for the die cut and the second on Yupo.

For this card I used Distress inks and blended distress inks over the stencil, sorry I'm not sure who makes this stencil I lost the package.  I die cut the butterfly background from the coated card sprayed with liquid inks and cut the second layer out of white card stock.  I flicked a few water specks over the distress inks.

This card is very similar using liquid inks on Yupo, just be aware watercolour takes a long time to dry on Yupo paper, you need lots of patients 😊
I sponged the circles using distress inks and die cut the flower in white card stock, coloured the stems and die cut the flower head from the Yupo and attached it to the card.

I am entering these for
CAS Mix Up liquid inks
Craft stampers magazine anything goes
Happy Little stampers CAS January challenge Stenciling
Less is more
Snippets Playground


Card Recipe
Stamps: Paper smooches
Paper: 110lb white, glossy card, Yupo
Ink: Ranger archival, distress inks
Accessories: poppy dies, Carabelle stencil
Techniques: Die cut, stenciling

19 comments:

Susan said...

They are both beautiful - such lovely colours and great use of the stencils and die cuts. You should add them to Less is More as well as its new challenge is "ombre".

Loll said...

LOVE the soft, delicate colours you've achieved with the liquid watercolour concentrate ... mine always turn out so bright. :) The geometric stencil is so cool --- love it!! And so pretty with the butterfly. The water splatters add some visual texture. And the second card is awesome. Haven't used my bubble stencil yet that you picked up for me ... love it on your card. And the poppies are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

Both your cards are so soft and pretty, Christine. TFS your description and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs.....

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous card and techniques Christine, I love the colours you used.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

Both of these are GORGEOUS, Christine! I love how the butterfly picks up the colors of the background, but the glossy paper makes it more vibrant! And the flowers are so pretty against the simple stenciled backgrounds! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

Darnell said...

Excellent coloring on Yupo, Christine! Both of these cards are stunning designs and I think you did an awesome job combining these techniques!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards...great stenciling and I love the way it fades out at the edges...
xx Karen

Kylie said...

Gorgeous cards. The colours are beautiful!! I love your choice of stencils and stamps. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx P.S. You could also enter our Watercolour challenge!

scrappymo! said...

Both of your cards are lovely but I especially like the second dotted one

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful and super stunning cards and designs. I love your choice of colours and superb blending of them to create seamless ombre effects. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More and HLS CAS challenge this week. Sarah

Ann said...

They are both beautiful.

Jo said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards. Love the softness, beautifully clean and simple!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine - I can see your work is going to be really inspirational for the Snippets Playground. Great to see you playing again as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Kim Heggins said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards...love those soft sweet colors, so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

maria f. said...

Oh how I love your soft pastel colors for these creations. I especially like the combination of that bloom with the floating bubbles in the background.

Sarn said...

Both cards look great! Funnily enough, I've made a few cards by sponging ink through stencils and then stamping over the top just recently. Gives similar results to your ink sprays - might give that a go with my Dylusions sprays too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oooooh! Your beautiful ombré is so soft and delicate Christine. Those colours really suit the die cuts that you used. Fab work.
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Sharon xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Very pretty, your soft stenciling!

BożenA said...

You did a really beautiful background with stencil. Beautifully you chose and mixed colors.
Thank you for sharing with us at HLS,
hugs,
BozenA DT HLS